Hi,

You are right, the current behavior is wrong, I'm currently working to fix
it asap. Our intention was to disable that only for non-committers.

As a workaround, as a committer, you could manually add yourself (your
GitHub username) to the whitelist of the SeedJob configuration:
https://ci-beam.apache.org/job/beam_SeedJob/configure
Then, your comment "Run Seed Job" will trigger the build. I've already
manually triggered it for you that way.

Of course, it will only work until the seed job gets executed - it will
then override the whitelist with an empty one.

[image: Selection_408.png]

As a target solution, I'm planning to fetch the list of beam committers
from LDAP and automatically add them to the whitelist above as a part of
the seed job. I'll keep you updated about the progress.

Regards,
Damian