Yes, I thought that whitelisting apache organization will do the trick, but
apparently, it doesn't. Actually, it makes sense as we want to allow only
beam committers and not all apache committers. I don't know the
implications of membership in the apache github organization, but you for
instance are not there :) Neither is Ahmet.

Therefore there's nothing wrong with the Ghprb plugin, it correctly forbade
triggering. From my investigation, the "beam-committers" GitHub team (which
is under the apache org) is the list of people that should be allowed. But
firstly, you cant whitelist a team with Ghprb. There's a ticket for that,
open for 5 years <https://github.com/jenkinsci/ghprb-plugin/issues/160>. I
could implement that but, secondly, the team is secret. I can't even see
it. Even asfbot doesn't have permission to see it.

You may ask, how it worked before, because on the builds.apache.org somehow
only committers were allowed to trigger PR builds. It appeared that Infra
created a webhook relay. It's configured here
<https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/blob/deployment/modules/gitbox/files/conf/relay.yaml>
and
it filters out all the non-committers events. I wish I had known that
before as it was also the reason for different issues during the migration.
Anyway, it would be hard to use that mechanism in our case as we want to
configure it depending on the job.

There's a publicly available source of committers list - it's LDAP. I've
tested it and it allows anonymous connection and provides the list of the
committers as well as the github usernames. My current idea is to read this
from LDAP as a part of the seed job and configure the jobs with the apache
committers present on the ghprb whitelist.

Hope that I didn't miss anything ;) It isn't that easy to investigate that
kind of issues with my poor privileges ;)

Regards,

Damian