Whoops, apologies for the title typo. Several years before we hit 2.62.0 !

Regarding this RC:

-1  There's an extant issue with Python 3.7
:sdks:python:test-suites:direct:py37:directRunnerIT . discuss in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-11396

I felt the need to finish RC tasks at least once end to end. This has been
a challenging month to get anything done. On top of that among the
multitude of Beam contributors, I'm one of the few who do not interact with
either Python or Java regularly. On top of that, I do most of my work from
a Chromebook using Crostini, which is essentially a lightweight Debian
container. It doesn't have much pre-installed.
 Conveniently this means I get to find every single configuration
assumption that's been made as part of the release process, which I've
taken notes on. I'll be contributing these learnings back to the release
guide in a PR in the next few weeks. Overall it feels like an unobstructed
RC should only take about a day to sort out, if some parts of the process
are clarified via expectation setting and other guide updates.
 It's in that spirit that I sent out this RC00, so validation on 2.26.0 can
start on the rest of the components in the meantime. Now that I've gone
through the process once, remaining RCs will be prompt.

With that in mind, if there are any additional regressions from 2.25.0 nows
the time to file a JIRA for triage in order to have fixes cherry picked for
them.

Cheers,
Robert Burke
2.26.0 Release manager.