A site-wide freeze during which there was a huge, rushed code dump was not
the most effective way to manage or review the large website changes last
time, and I don't think it would be a good idea to attempt that again.

Instead, can we create a parallel directory/site in our repo, incrementally
build/commit/review it in there, and once everyone is happy with it do a
single switch with a small redirection commit (followed by deleting the old
content). As for incorporating changes that happen during development, this
is what every developer is already doing (on the code side) and we should
take advantage of the revision control systems we use to make sure nothing
is lost.

- Robert