Similar thing happened for Go migrating to use GH issues for everything
from Language Feature proposals to bugs. Much easier than the very gerrit
driven process it was before, and User Discussions are far more
discoverable by users: they usually already have a GH account, and don't
need to create a new separate one.

GitHub does seem to permit user directed templates for issues so we can
simplify issue triage by users: Eg for Go there are a number of requests
one can make: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/new/choose