On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 9:18 AM Robert Bradshaw <rober...@google.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 5:15 AM Alexey Romanenko
> <aromanenko....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Good point about unanswered SO questions. +1 that we need to improve a
> situation there.
> >
> > Yes, we may try to stream them to a new dedicated list but it will
> require people here to subscribe to and check regularly one more list which
> perhaps won’t be so efficient as well.
>
> I view the value of a new list as making it easy to choose to
> subscribe or not, and being able to respond to questions as they come
> in. You're right it's less useful for people who manually check lists
> rather than get them in their inbox.
>
> > I believe that a digest of the N latest unanswered questions to dev@
> (or to user@? or both?) every 3-4 days should be a better option.
>
> We could do this too. Ideally a list of all recent questions (answered
> or not, answers can be improved and voted on) if that's technically
> feasible.
>
> IIRC, the current rate is around 10-20 questions a week, so not huge,
> but still non-trivial.

Yeah, ideally we can do both.

(1) Individual questions at a high high frequency to
stackoverf...@beam.apache.org so that folks who are interested in answering
such questions (and subscribed to the list) get notified early.

(2) Aggregated digests at a low frequency to the dev@ and user@ so that we
get more eyeballs into questions that go unanswered. Also this will be a
good way to get more upvotes for the correct answers.

Thanks,
Cham