Hello,

I’m sorry if it’s already discussed somewhere but I find myself a little bit
lost in the subject.
So, I’d like to clarify this - what is a current official state of Java 17
support at Beam?

I recall that a great job was done to make Beam compatible with Java 17 [1] and
Beam already provides “beam_java17_sdk” Docker image [2] but, iiuc, Java 8 is
still the default JVM to run all Java tests on Jenkins ("Java PreCommit" in the
first order) and there are only limited number of tests that are running with
JDK 11 and 17 on Jenkins by dedicated jobs.

So, my question would sound like if Beam officially supports Java 17 (and 11),
do we need to run all Beam Java SDK related tests (VR and IT test including)
against all supported Java SDKs?

Do we still need to support Java 8 SDK?

In the same time, as we are heading to move everything from Jenkins to GitHub
actions, what would be the default JDK there or we will run all Java-related
actions against all supported JDKs?

—
Alexey

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-12240