> On 30 Nov 2022, at 03:56, Tomo Suzuki via dev <dev@beam.apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Do we still need to support Java 8 SDK?
>
> Yes, for Google Cloud customers who still use Java 8, I want Apache Beam to
> support Java 8. Do you observe any special burden maintaining Java 8?

I can only think of the additional resources costs if we will test all
supported JDKs, as Austin mentioned above. Imho, we should do that for all JDK
that are officially supported.
Another less-costly way is to run the Java tests for all JDKs only during the
release preparation stage.

I agree that it would make sense to continue to support Java 8 until a
significant number of users are using it.

—
Alexey