On Tue, Feb 7, 2023 at 2:35 PM Anand Inguva <ananding...@google.com> wrote:

> Yes, it is related to protobuf only. But I think the update of these
> dependencies are required for Python 3.11 since the newer versions have
> support for Python 3.11 wheels.

Assuming you refer to protobuf. Yes, there are no wheels for 3.10 for
protobuf==3.x.x and that can cause friction.
https://pypi.org/project/protobuf/3.20.3/#files

I would probably narrow the problem further to demonstrate which stubs are
not being generated, and if reason not obvious we can also ask for feedback
from protobuf maintainers. Also - do we by chance need to update some other
deps from
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/python/build-requirements.txt#L28-L33
for this to work?

Also: tracking issue for protobuf4 support in Beam:
https://github.com/apache/beam/issues/24569.

If we use older versions of these packages, then we have to depend on
> installing those packages on Python 3.11 from source distributions which is
> not desired.
>
> I am working parallely on that issue in a different PR
> https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/24599 but I think this issue should
> be a blocker for Python 3.11 update.
>
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2023 at 5:25 PM Valentyn Tymofieiev <valen...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Anand,
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2023 at 1:35 PM Anand Inguva via dev <dev@beam.apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We are planning to work on adding support for Python 3.11[1] to Apache
>>> Beam Python SDK.
>>>
>>> As part of this effort, we are going to update the python build
>>> dependencies defined at [2].
>>>
>>> Right now, there is an error with the newer version of
>>> protobuf(4.21.11). It is not generating _urn files.
>>>
>>> It can be reproduced by
>>>

>>> 1. python setup.py sdist
>>> 2. pip install dist/apache-beam-x.xx.x.dev0.tar.gz