Hello!

I am reviving a discussion that began at
https://lists.apache.org/thread/w4g8xpg4215nlq86hxbd6n3q7jfnylny when we
started our Confluence wiki and has even been revived once before.

The conclusion of that thread was basically "yes, let us separate the
contributor-facing stuff to a different site". It also was the boot up of
the Confluence wiki but I want to not discuss tech/hosting for this thread.
I want to focus on the issue of having a separate user-facing website vs a
contributor-facing website. Some things like issue priorities are
user-and-dev facing and they require review for changes and should stay on
the user site. I also don't want to get into those more complex cases.

We are basically in a halfway state today because I didn't have enough
volunteer time to finish everything and I did not wrangle enough help.

So now I am release manager and encountering the docs more closely again.
The release docs really blend stuff.

  - The main release guide is on the website.
 - Some steps, though, are GitHub Issues that we push along from release
Milestone to the next one.
 - The actual technical bits to do the steps are sometimes on the
confluence wiki
 - I expect I will also be touching README files in various folders of the
repo

So I just want to make some more steps, and I wanted to ask the community
for their current thoughts. I think one big step could be to move the
release guide itself to the dev site, which is currently the wiki.

What do you think? Are there any other areas of the website that you think
could just move to the wiki today?

Kenn

p.s. Some time in the past I saw an upper right corner fold (like
https://www.istockphoto.com/illustrations/paper-corner-fold) that took you
to the dev site that looked the same with different color scheme. That was
fun :-)