Hi Olaf,

I agree -- I'm not suggesting we should package R.  Spark's R support uses
R as installed through system packages.  However, to build R support in
Spark requires that the build machines have R installed, which adds a very
large number of packages to the toolchain.  I don't want to approve a patch
to add R without getting some community feedback.

So how do you feel about installing R whenever we need to build Bigtop? :)

Thanks,
RJ