I am not sure about Giraph, Tajo and some others, but Sqoop seems to be user
around by people. So, if it isn't much of the burden for us - and it seems
pretty stable at the moment - I'd leave it.

What I would think would makes sense to spend some of our efforts on is on
adding modern tooling like Nifi/Airflow into the mix. As you said - things
move forward pretty fast, and we seem to be sticking to the some of the old
stuff.

Thanks for starting this discussion!
  Cos