This is really great, so happy to see 3.0 in RC state!

We will probably not be able to test a full upgrade of our testing
environment for this vote, but we'll surely report back any issue that
we find when we decide to upgrade. Since this is a hadoop 2 -> hadoop
3 upgrade for Bigtop, is there any documentation/guideline/etc.. that
is available to help people to migrate their configs to the new major
version?

Luca