I think the GitBox change is related to BP-9: Using Github Issues. Gitbox
is the solution provided by ASF to managing Github repos, linking the
Github accounts with Apache counts.

Before this, the bookkeeper repo was setup with dural-sync, when the
source-of-truth is the git-wp-us.apache.org/repos/asf/bookkeeper.git and
the Github repo github.com/apache/bookkeeper is the readonly mirror.
It is hard to proceed BP-9 with permissions on readonly-mirror.

After this, the github repo will become the source of truth, and the gitbox
repo is the mirror of Github repo. All the bookkeeper committers will be
part of the bookkeeper-committers team in Github and have the permissions
on the Github mirror. In this way, we have the permissions to setup labels,
milestones for BP-9.

There is no changes to use https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper.git . The
original repo https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/bookkeeper.git/ is
changed to https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/bookkeeper.git (I think
Enrico just updated the wiki about that).

- Sijie

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 6:18 AM, Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <jujj...@gmail.com