Hi Andrea and all,

thanks for your reply.

I have opened a PR in brooklyn-server, #136
(https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/136).
It is composed by two different commits. First, I added a simple test which
tries to show the issue.
Then, I modified the InboundPortsUtils#getRequiredOpenPorts methods in order to
support
config keys whose value is assignable from PortRange.

Probably, we should continue the discussion in Github.

Thanks a lot
Jose