I was going to take a look at using RVM as well.  It should be possible to
run the tests for each supported ruby by using 'rvm exec'.

You could do something like

rvm 1.9.2-p320,1.8.7-p358,jruby-1.6.7 exec rake spec

I would be happy to explore this unless there are any objections or unless
this is already what you were doing Peter.

-russ