I thought I had already sent this to the dev group but I don't see it in
the archives.  So here it goes:

I really like buildr and the sanity it has brought from using it to replace
maven.  I would like to see it grow and prosper.  One complaint I have is
how infrequent the releases are.  It has been nearly a year since the last
minor patch release and over 5 months since the pre release of the next
minor patch release.  It seems that if there are one or more bug fixes in
place then a minor patch release could be done every couple of weeks, every
week or even every couple of days.  I think this is important to the long
term adoption and health of the project.  I don't want to have to build and
host my own version of the gem while waiting months for an official
release.  Now I understand that the maintainers have lives but doing a
release should be quick and simple, especially if it is a patch release.

So, is there a good reason that buildr can't be released more often?

Thanks,

Russell Teabeault