The uberized jdbc adapter fails with "Unable to instantiate java compiler"
when i try it with tools like DbVisualizer or SQurriel .

Noticed same error has been discussed in two others thread but there is no
resolution. In my case the adapter pom contains a single janino-2.7.6
dependency (via the calcite-core).

Could this be related to the maven-shade-plugin configuration?