From: Christian Tzolov <ctzo...@pivotal.io>
Sent: 21 November 2016 09:23:51
To: dev@calcite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Calcite jdbc driver dependencies

Further digging suggests that the root cause of the problem is Janino not
being able to resolve its 'org.codehaus.commons.compiler.properties' from
the class path.

The input stream is resolved to null in the
CompilerFactoryFactory#getDefaultCompilerFactory:

'InputStream is =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("org.codehaus.commons.compiler.properties");'

The is is null although the 'org.codehaus.commons.compiler.properties' is
available at the root for the uber jdbc jar. Apparently the
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader() is relative to something
else but the root classpath.

Any suggestions will be appreciated :) I've noticed similar issues reported
on the Phoenix project.

Cheers,
Christian