1. TPC-DS seems like a great starting point to me. SSB would also be a good
addition.

2. You can set hive.cbo.enabled in your Hive configto false to turn off the
optimizer.

3. Count me interested in general although I have limited time available in
the immediate future. I'd be interested in joining the call next week if
possible.

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org