Hello,

I can definitely help if you need me to do something.

And I would also like to join the online meeting.

Cheers,

On 20 Feb 2018, 22:13 +0100, Edmon Begoli <ebeg...@gmail.com>, wrote:
Just a quick update on the progress of benchmarking setup for Calcite, and
a call to you for feedback and participation:

1. We (Ashwin Vajantri. member of my team) has installed Postgres and Hive
on our servers, and he has loaded TPC-DS benchmark data, and ran some test
queries. He also installed Calcite on top of Postgres so we can do
comparisons of performance for through Calcite vs. native.
(we have a full documentation for all this in a Google Doc I shared with
those interested in this work. We'll make if public once complete)

2. Another colleague, Dr. Seung-Hwan Lim is ready to look into more
detailed benchmarking and optimization aspects, as well as to look into
other engines that we work with and know -- MapD, Spark, Druid, Cassandra,
or Flink.

All this so far is based, and in support of following JIRA issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CALCITE/issues/CALCITE-2168
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CALCITE/issues/CALCITE-2169

My question to the community is:

1. Does anyone have any feedback on specific queries or engines we want to
target, and start with?

2. How can we meaningfully turn on and turn off Hive optimizer to measure
the performance?

3. Anyone wants to pitch in help in any area?

I am planning to schedule an online meeting next week to connect and
discuss for those interested.