A force-push to the “site” branch each release would not be a terrible thing.
(Force-pushes are only suspect when they are to the master branch or a release
branch.) Before the release, the release manager should make sure that edits on
“site" have made it to “master”. Right after the release, they will deploy the
site from the “site” branch, which almost certainly means syncing “site" with
“master”.