You’re proposing lazy consensus. We don’t do that for commits. (Yeah, we use a
mixture of CTR and RTC. But adding lazy consensus muddies things too much, I
think.)

For this change, I think you should do RTC, and require a +1 from at least one
committer. Therefore, someone please review
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2651