> There is one more “issue”. Currently select * from elastic returns at most
> 10 rows (in calcite). This is consistent with elastic behaviour which
> limits result set to 10 documents (unless size is specified).

In Solr land for the Calcite integration it uses the /export handler or
streaming expressions when there is no limit specified (these are just like
scrolling or called CursorMark in Solr). It falls back to /select with the
default limit of 10 rows.

I think that scroll should be the default almost always since it is the
only way to return all the results. Even with a limit = 100000 would cause
problems with the default query handler. Paging deep into the result set is
not something that Lucene (Elasticsearch or Solr) does well.

Kevin Risden