After seeing so many people ask for example code to do certain basic things
in Calcite, I've been trying to find a good literate programming solution
for Java as I like this approach for demoing. I recently came across the
IJava (https://github.com/SpencerPark/IJava) kernel for Jupyter notebooks.

This is basically just a proof of concept at this point, but here's a
simple example

https://github.com/michaelmior/calcite-notebooks/blob/master/Query%20parsing.ipynb

I'm curious what others think of this approach. If others think it would be
useful, I'd be happy to take suggestions on what should be included.
Eventually, I'd like to get CI set up for this repository so I can re-run
the notebooks at will. I would then aim to check this on every release so
we can have a repository of code samples which we know run correctly.

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org