I am using calcite right now to test some data federation scenarios.  I
have several collections of Java objects that I am querying right now.  It
works beautifully, but it seems like Calcite does a ton of work with each
query and does not cache any of the work.

Is there a way for me to implement a plan cache within Calcite?  Or is
there already a mechanism for this?

I tested implementing my own subclass of PreparedStatementFactory and
caching the CalciteSignature for calls to prepareSql.  This seems to work
really well, but I am not sure if 1) this is safe to do and 2) is this the
proper way to do it.

Thanks for your help,

Pau;