Hi Paul,

Have a look also in CALCITE-2703 [1].

Calcite generates and compiles code and this takes some time (which may be
more than the time to optimize or even run the query). In CALCITE-2703 we
try to reduce that time by caching.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2703

Στις Πέμ, 7 Φεβ 2019 στις 12:01 μ.μ., ο/η Enrico Olivelli <
eolive...@gmail.com> έγραψε: