Would anyone be interested in finishing CALCITE-2322 (https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/49)?

There were some minor changes that were requested, but the original author has disappeared. There does not appear to be any tests for the change, but I am not sure how much work is required to finish the PR.

A few comments about the other PRs:
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/89 has been updated and is ready for review - https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/86 is ready for review, but might require more investigation - https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/85 no tests, but maybe the change is not easy to test?

Kevin: Do you think these can make it into the release?
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/28
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/36

Francis