Just revisiting this now that the Avatica has been fixed. I have the
following list of pending JIRAs:

[CALCITE-1581] UDTF like in hive
[CALCITE-2812] Add algebraic operators to allow expressing recursive
[CALCITE-2952] Certify Calcite on JDK 12
[CALCITE-2969] Improve design of join-like relational expressions queries
[CALCITE-2973] Allow theta joins that have equi conditions to be
executed using a hash join algorithm
[CALCITE-2992] Enhance implicit conversions when generating hash join
keys for an equi condition
[CALCITE-3036] Remove correlate variables from Join
[CALCITE-3037] Rename EnumerableThetaJoin to EnumerableNestedLoopJoin

I think we should cut a release soon to keep momentum going. I'd like
to hear from those working on any of the JIRAs to see which ones could
be wrapped up in the next week or two.
--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org