I will support changes, such as you describe, that add a language and remove
another.

I am wary of changes that add a new language (or framework, for that matter) to
the mix. Hence my pushback against your use of .kts files.

We can’t entirely remove Maven and pom.xml files from the process. pom.xml
files will remain artifacts that we deploy to maven central. I don’t know how
this works under Gradle. Do you propose to remove pom.xml files from git and
generate them upon release?

Julian