I think [CALCITE-3158] would be the main highlight of the next release. I
really like the feeling of Gradle and the idea of the mock ASF environment.

>From my tests so far everything seems good; I would like to verify that the
structure of the artifacts is good and then I think it can be merged.
Should be doable for November.

@Francis: How do you feel about preparing the next release via Gradle?

Best,
Stamatis