Hi,

Currently
org.apache.calcite.test.CalciteAssert, org.apache.calcite.util.TestUtil,
and probably other classes are hard to find.
I suggest we create a testlib module (or something like that), that would
contain "test framework" code.

That would make test framework easier to discover (one could open the full
set of packages in the testlib),
and it would make "autocomplete" better (especially for adapters).

I suggest we do not publish testlib artifacts to Nexus (who needs
Calcite-related assertions and things like that?)

Currently testImplementation(project(":core", "testClasses")) is used in
lots of places, and it causes "core"
test clases appear in autocomplete menu for adapters.
For example, typing "new Sql..." in GeodeAssertions suggests
SqlAdvisorJdbcTest which is valid, yet it is weird.

What do you think?

Just in case you did not know: file movement in Git keeps history (even in
case there are slight modifications).
However, the key idea here is to keep files in their current packages, but
move them into teslib module.

Vladimir