I haven't looked into this in detail yet, but can share details on one of
the questions:

> - Can anyone confirm if the
> avatica-standalone-server-${AVATICA_VERSION}-shaded.jar and
> avatica-standalone-server-${AVATICA_VERSION}.jar.
> jars are suppose to be equivalent?

The Maven built used the maven-shade-plugin to build a jar with all the
dependencies included. It could shaded dependencies if needed, but from
what I remember it was only for putting all the dependencies into a single
jar. Maven would typically leave the .jar alone and then would have a
-shaded.jar next to it with all the dependencies.

I don't know what the gradle build is doing in this case. The easiest way
to look is to see if the new .jar is close to the same size as the old
-shaded.jar. The new and old versions should be comparable on Nexus.

Kevin Risden