I am good with both approaches, if there is an agreement.
At least, from my point of view, freezing `master` doesn't prevent me from
reviewing code nor opening new PRs. For the PR that has +1 and ready to merge,
we just tag it 'LGTM', commit it once the branch is open to commit. Just click
the button.

Thanks,
Haisheng