Hi Community,

In Apache Beam we are facing a use case where we need to keep RexNode in
our distributed primitives. Because of the nature of distributed computing,
Beam requires the usage of those primitives be serializable (thus those
primitives can be sent over the network to backend/workers for
further execution).

In the Java world this requirement means to make RexNode implement the Java
Serializable interface.

A workaround right now is to create a bunch of classes to "clone" RexNode
while making those classes implement the Serializable interface.

So what do you think of the idea that makes RexNode implement the
Serializable interface?

-Rui