TL;DR: PMC members, would you vote for a release 1.24 if it includes
binary files necessary for testing?

I would like to include the InnoDB adapter [1] in release 1.24. It is
well written, well documented, and it is ready.

There is one problem: there are some binary files (in InnoDB format)
[2] that are included for testing. As a general rule, Apache does not
release binary files as part of the source release because they are
difficult to audit for provenance.

I think we should make an exception, for just release 1.24, because
the files are small (just EMP and DEPT tables) and generated by hand.

I have asked the author to do a follow-up task to remove the files
before next release.

PMC members, please reply to this email and indicate whether this
would cause you to vote -1 on the upcoming release.

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4034

[2]
https://github.com/apache/calcite/tree/b5e1622e7a43a3468a880c374f9161eee3ffa1ea/innodb/src/test/resources/data