Michael,

I think that sentence covers the situation where, say, we ship a
.class file without shipping the .java it was generated from.

In our case, we are shipping the equivalent of the .class file and the
.java file (namely EMP.ibd and the scott.sql that MySQL generated it
from). We have to ship the .class file equivalent (.ibd) because we
don't require that people running the tests have the javac equivalent
(MySQL).

The concern about auditability remains.

Julian