Fan Liya>However, I think it would be nice if we could document it
somewhere, so
Fan Liya>other developers will follow the convention without being confused.

The PR does include documentation update:
https://github.com/vlsi/calcite/blob/checkerframework/site/develop/index.md#null-safety

Fan Liya>I mean that a large PR requires a long time to review.

Do you commit to reviewing the change?
How much time would it take you to review the change?

As I said, the PR was there for several months, and I do NOT believe adding
two or six months more would make a difference.

Fan Liya>During this time, you have to resolve conflicts many times, which
is a
Fan Liya>large amount of effort.

The added nullability annotations have minimal impact on Calcite API and
its behavior.
All the existing tests pass, and I change only a few test files.

Of course, I do not like the idea of rebasing PR again and again.

Just as an example, Calcite 1.25 was released with a significant
backward-incompatible change:

998cd83eb 2020-07-08 Julian Hyde [CALCITE-3923] Refactor how planner rules
are parameterized

The refactor alone was bigger than nullability PR if we compare the number
of added and removed lines.
Just to remind, "prepare for nullability" is (757 files changed, 7487
insertions(+), 3827 deletions(-))

Vladimir