Hi all,
locally on MacOS I have to set the SPARK_LOCAL_IP environment variable to
overcome that very same problem (something along the line of export
SPARK_LOCAL_IP="127.0.0.1").

I wonder if it wouldn't be less intrusive to set an environment variable
rather than statically setting a SparkConf option in the code as Aron is
suggesting.

Best regards,
Alessandro