Hi Rana,

there also should be a debugging information included into the exception: long list of sets, subsets and relational nodes. Could you please send it?

Roman Kondakov

On 21.07.2021 09:27, Rana Alotaibi wrote:
Hi Calcite Dev, Thanks for Calcite!

I'm currently using Calcite Core and Plus 1.27.0.  I got the following exception when I tried to get the logical plans of 18 out of 99 TPC-DS queries:

"There are not enough rules to produce a node with desired properties:"

I attached a sample code that I used when I tried to get the logical plan of TPC -DS query 6. The exact exception for that query is:

"Exception in thread "main" org.apache.calcite.plan.RelOptPlanner$CannotPlanException: There are not enough rules to produce a node with desired properties: convention=ENUMERABLE, sort=[0, 1]. Missing conversions are LogicalAggregate[convention: NONE -> ENUMERABLE, sort: [] -> [0]], LogicalAggregate[convention: NONE -> ENUMERABLE], LogicalProject[convention: NONE -> ENUMERABLE, sort: [] -> [94]]"

I was wondering if there is some planner setup or configurations that I missed

Many thanks,
Rana