@Stamatis

Thank you, I actually did not know that! That's useful information to
have =)

@Julian

Is it possible to programmatically generate the JSON model? Why I ask is
because part of the functionality I'm trying to mirror is the ability to add
data sources dynamically while the app server is running

So you might send a POST /metadata/datasource saying "Here is the info of a
new
data source I would like you to connect to" And then I need to figure out
how to
handle creating a Calcite source from it and adding the new datasource +
schemas
to the global pool of registered ones, if that makes sense

Worst case I could write the JSON file to disk and load from the tempfile I
suppose, right?