Hi Erik,

Coral [1, 2] which is based on Calcite might be a good starting point for
this type of work.There are a couple of dialects it supports right now:
Hive (or Spark) and Trino (or Presto). You can check out the corresponding
test cases [3, 4] for these two dialects. coral-common [5] is a module that
contains all Calcite-related infra required to support any dialect. It is
extended by both coral-hive and coral-trino.

[1] https://github.com/linkedin/coral
[2] https://engineering.linkedin.com/blog/2020/coral
[3]
https://github.com/linkedin/coral/blob/master/coral-hive/src/test/java/com/linkedin/coral/hive/hive2rel/HiveToRelConverterTest.java