Let’s suppose that there is code/tests in Coral would allow Calcite to
implement this feature. Under the terms of Coral’s license (BSD2) some COULD
copy code from Coral to Calcite, but SHOULD they?

As an Apache project, and as individuals participating in an open source
community beyond the ASF, we must be respectful of other projects’ IP and the
“do not fork” principle.

I would love to hear from Walaa or other Coral committers suggestions how we
can share functionality between the projects.

Julian