Hello,

Thanks for the warm welcome! A couple of words about myself: In Apache
Ignite we are developing the new SQL engine (based on Apache Calcite) as a
replacement for the old SQL engine. The old engine has some
fundamental limitations which we can resolve with the help of Calcite. I am
one of the major contributors to this part of the Apache Ignite. The new
SQL engine was first released with Ignite 2.13 (2022-04-26) but still in
beta status. Our primary goal now - make it production ready.