It's been a bit more than 2 months since our last release [1] and there are
currently 80+ new commits in master.

As usual, according to our Jira dashboard [2] and Github [3], there are
many pending issues that could / should be part of the release. I'd propose
to make a collective effort to try to clean up our 1.35 backlog and merge
the PRs which are in a good state. I'd propose to aim for **mid June** to
release 1.35.0, this will give us about 15-20 days to clean up pending PRs
for next version. What do you think?

According to [4], the following release managers would be:
- 1.35.0 Duan Xiong
- 1.36.0 Benchao Li
- 1.37.0 Sergey Nuyanzin
- 1.38.0 Julian Hyde

@Duan Xiong, are you still available for being the release manager for
1.35.0?

And contributors, if you have any work that is in good shape and want to be
included in 1.35.0, please mark the fixVersion to 1.35.0, this will inform
the release manager, and we'll try our best to get it in.

[1] https://calcite.apache.org/docs/history.html#v1-34-0
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12333950
[3] https://github.com/apache/calcite/pulls