Some more detail:

- the PR for CALCITE-5477 is https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/3249
- the PR for CALCITE-5479 is https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/3030

I've just pushed up some updates to reflect the new approach we discussed for
guava backwards-compat in CALCITE-5477, and to sync up with latest main in
CALCITE-5479.

We've been doing a bunch of work on the Druid side to be able to update our
Calcite dependency (currently, we're on 1.21.0). From what we've seen so far,
we believe if these two patches are part of 1.35.0, then we could target that
version.

Gian