Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote: “A foolish consistency is the
hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers
and divines."

That said, people tend to bring conventions from other projects to
Calcite, and we end up with chaos. By which I mean, lots of
self-expression, but no standards, and therefore commit messages that
have lower information content, and more work for the release manager
coercing them into a consistent change log.

In Calcite we have not used '[MINOR]' as a prefix to minor commits. If
it is minor, it doesn't need a jira case, and doesn't need a prefix.
But a few commits with [MINOR] crept in, starting about a year ago.
Once or twice, I asked people to remove them, but the PRs had already
been merged.

Any objections if I add a lint rule to fail the build if the commit
message contains [MINOR]?

While I'm there, any other standards we should enforce?