Hi

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:00 AM, huntc <hu...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Claus,
>>
>> As per your blog request, I'd like to discuss the virtues of naming the
>> async method "async" vs treating your 2.0 functionality as a new
>> implementation of the existing "thread" method.

Okay I got good tunes on iTunes so was in the mood to take a stab at this.
Got the seda endpoint to support request/reply where it waits for the
route to be complete before returning from the original caller.

So you can do:

                from("direct:start").to("seda:a");

                from("seda:a").to("log:bar", "seda:b");
                from("seda:b").delay(10).to("direct:c");

                from("direct:c").transform(constant("Bye
World")).to("mock:result");

And the very first message we sent to direct:start that goes to seda:a
will wait at seda:a until the message exchange is complete if its a
request/reply message.

So what we get is the "Bye World" as response.

I will later add the same options as the *threads* DSL so you can
overrule this behavior. Eg to not wait for a reply if you dont care.

Christopher dont say we do not listen to the community. Thanks for the feedback.