Hi

The issue is tracked at CAMEL-825

I have just committed the implementation and updated the wiki pages.

Now both the seda and vm component work with request/reply, waiting
for the reply.
I added options to the endpoint, so you can control this behavior,
just like the threads DSL (part of the new Async API).
http://camel.apache.org/async.html

One feature we could consider is to add timeout support. Currently it
will wait until the route is comlete, regardless how long it takes.