Hi Willem,

Agree that with this patch, Camel 2.7 is able to work only on Karaf 2.2.0 (not
on
Karaf 2.1.x).
I've tested Camel 2.7-SNAPSHOT in Karaf 2.2.0 without problem (using
camel-blueprint, and several camel components including CXF).

Regards
JB

On Thu 10/03/11 11:50, "Willem Jiang" willem.ji...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Hadrian,
>
> The patch doesn't work on Karaf 2.1.4 and Karaf 2.2.0 so I revert it.
> BTW, I sent 2 mail earlier today to tell you the reason why it doesn't
> work.
> Willem
>
> On 3/10/11 6:12 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> > Claus, in your comment to CAMEL-3763, when you say
> "We have not throughly tested this" who exactly do you refer to as
> "we"?
>
> > The patch was there for a couple of days, you had
> another 3 days, that's a total of 5 days to come up with a technical reason
> pointing to what exactly this patch breaks and if there is or not an
> acceptable workaround. I have no problem redoing the release (I may figure
> out the manual problem until then too). However, let's do things
> right.
>
> > I see now that Willem already reverted the patch,
> not clear why, I assume just based on your feelings. I would be very
> interested in seeing Guillaume's opinion, as a Karaf/OSGi
> expert.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Hadrian
> >

> > On Mar 10, 2011, at 6:33 AM, Claus Ibsen
> wrote:
>
> >> I am casting a -1 due CAMEL-3763
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3763
>>>

> >> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 1:45 AM, Hadrian
> Zbarcea<hzbarcea@g
> mail.com>  wrote:
>>> Note:

> correctly. It does get generated properly using mvn install, but it fails
> during release:prepare/perform.
>>> I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3774 to
> track this problem.

> the release any longer and published it temporarily to
http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/camel-2.7.0/manual/ for review and will move
it
to the main site if this release is approved.
> IMHO this is not a blocker for the release.

> with approximately 169 issues resolved: new features, improvements and bug
> fixes.

> here:
> el-010/
> el-010/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.7.0/

> release binary. Your vote counts!

> Camel 2.7.0
> specific comments)

> >> --